The rapidly changing needs and expectations of the current and future workforce, and the enterprises they serve, requires a highly flexible talent-focused culture enabled by technology. This is true for the entrepreneur, contractors, consulting firms, small business and larger organizations.
Workforce Agility is the ability to quickly re-allocate people to respond to challenges in the business environment driven by changing market conditions, consumer expectations, product demand, new competitors and, as we saw with COVID-19, natural calamities. Even in the most ‘normal’ of business environments the workforce demand is not constant. There is a cyclic and seasonal nature of certain businesses that require frequent adjustment to the workforce.
While businesses have always hired and laid-off people to adjust to conditions, it is the frictionless supply and demand of the required talent that provides the competitive advantage. Businesses need the ability to access the best talent from the most relevant talent pool. And they need to be able to do this as needed without having to spend cycles in adopting and then adjusting complex systems that require a complex web of integrations.
An optimized, conditioned and agile workforce is key to the long term success of the business. Workforce Agility enables the Organizational Agility that directly impacts the productivity and profits, as well as ability to compete in the long term. A flexible and agile workforce gives organizations a competitive advantage by enabling them to:
- Minimizes lost productivity due to less learning curve ramp ups with new hires and transitions
- Minimizes loss of productivity and sales caused by gaps in optimal headcount
- Minimizes costs as a result of traditional hiring, training, and turnover
- Increases the ability to quickly create innovative, cross-functional teams
The goal of organizations should no longer be simply ramp up/down staffing to meet the demand of additional customers or increase in processes at peak times of an organization. The strategy should be to create conditions of success by enabling a consistently available, elite pool of talent that allows an organization to adapt to any situation in the moment without negative impact to people or profit. This agility also allows for innovation, proactive preparation for the ever-growing gig economy, and accelerated long-term growth.
What if your organization could do just that, at minimal cost, with lightning fast speed? What if that same platform enabled your organization to:
- Scale up or down based on logistic or seasonal needs with no financial or retention risk
- Allow those in your talent pool to have visibility to see what jobs or projects are available and when
- Share talent network with your customers or partners and place available talent in the moment
- Hire on-demand on-time talent from your network optimized and conditioned to your needs
- Quickly create the ultimate private talent network on a SaaS platform
- Use Data Science and AI based talent analytics to align the talent to the job
- Use integrated work management and customer engagement
- Manage talent by groups associated with specific clients or locations
- Get real time client feedback on employee productivity
- Manage and increase customer satisfaction of services and products
- Pay talent in the same all-in-one solution
What if I told you that you CAN. The Future of Work is HERE.
Maximum Agility + Maximum Productivity = Maximized Talent Strategy at minimal cost.
Start your free trial of Gignav now to recruit, optimize and condition your talent for the future of work.
Start your free trial at gignav.com
This article is contributed by Kiesha King-Brown for Gignav. Kiesha is the Founder of Differentiated Leadership Consulting, LLC and member of the advisory board of Gignav. Kiesha has an MBA in Business Management, Certifications in Executive Coaching and Consulting, and 20+ years of leadership experience at Fortune 200 companies. As a Senior Consultant, Keisha strategically pairs Leadership Consulting with Business Consulting to help maximize both professional and profitable growth for Retailers and Small Business Owners.